• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

READ the resume!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

READ the resume!

Uploaded my resume to the job boards mid december. 80% of calls i was getting was for permie roles so updated my resume at the start of the week to say
    "Only Contract Roles - Thank You" at the top of the resume in Size 20/Bold.

Now 90% of calls I'm getting is for permie positions .......wtf?

If you can't take it maybe you shouldn't be contracting

Mumsnet is that way ---->
    Exit is that way <------
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I can take it, just wondering why pimps are ignoring the message.......? Are they expecting me to change my mind or do they just not even read the resume before calling someone?

Comment

Been contracting long? If you have a number of permie roles and few contracts, they probably think that you're not going to hack it...
        World's Best Martini

Comment

Been contracting for over 4 years, this is the first time i've been consistently called for perm roles. There seems to be a lot more perm roles atm compared to contracts on job boards as well....

Comment

Originally posted by yamamma View Post
            Been contracting for over 4 years, this is the first time i've been consistently called for perm roles. There seems to be a lot more perm roles atm compared to contracts on job boards as well....
            Look on the upside, at least pimps are look at your CV now. They have been ignoring it or can't find it for the last 4

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Look on the upside, at least pimps are look at your CV now. They have been ignoring it or can't find it for the last 4
              feck off you inbred git

Comment

I have had calls about permie positions when I was looking for my first contract role, it's still quite lucrative for them to place people in permie roles otherwise they wouldn't bother trying to persuade people to take them up.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

feck off you inbred git
                  Oi.. that's not true and it's not needed....

ok ok.. it's not needed

Comment

feck off you inbred git
                    Unprofessional behaviour in the serious forums! NLUK is just being polite.

Comment

Working...
                    X