• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practically all the agencies I have gone on to get a contract through are fine. It's the ones that send me generic e-mails for roles that I am plainly not qualified for that are the problem.

Comment

Pontoon - An agent once told me to go to a first stage interview in Welwyn Garden City way back in the day. On the day of the interview, I drove 45 miles to the site. I arrived well before the time. Car parking was nightmare even for guests/visitors. I turned up in the morning expecting to be interviewed. I signed in the reception desk and asked for said person and then sat down. 20 minutes later, another staff member eventually came down and said that they had no idea of who I was, and an interview date and time had never been agreed between them and the agency. The contact person was not in the office that day and they were no expecting me. She asked who was the agency, I told her. I was absolutely p*****d and I said never again. Losers.

Fazit: Precovid, it sounded like a nice digital agile client with a 6 month contract. Since then I learnt that this client is not really that digital and agile from other contractors who had experience working there.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Yes, I can add Washington Frank to that list.
        Avoid any agency from the Frank group like the plague, total time wasters. Demand that they remove you from their contact list and never call you again.

Comment

Working...
        X