• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minimum amount of work during notice period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    I recommended her to negotiate a shorter notice as it clearly is not going anywhere for either side, so why waste the time?
    If you are getting paid then the time is not "wasted". What's the alternative? Do nothing and not get paid? As long as I'm getting paid I'll turn up and do the hours. Yeah it might be boring as hell but it's only for a couple of weeks and then the new job starts.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      FTFY
      No way, I'm on day rate, dunno about OP though.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I would be tempted to do the work I am given but not to go looking for anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          No way, I'm on day rate, dunno about OP though.
          A friend has had his contract terminated as a mutual agreement, but still keeping the 4 weeks notice.
          The work is paid hourly. What is the minimum he/she has to do during the notice period?
          Keep up Scraggy keep up...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X