• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

why would an agent want this info..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would an agent want this info..

Agent calls wanting to put me fwd for a role in the City, but asks me to send him:
    • The day and month of my birth
    • The last 3 digits of my NI number

I haven't provided it to him. I'm puzzled, but cautious, as I've never come across this particular request. Any ideas?
    Clarity is everything

Never come across this request before.... Personally, I'd be wary and tell them to do one unless they told me exactly why they need it.

Anyone know if there is a way to work out the birth year from NI number? Like you can with your driving license number?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
      Agent calls wanting to put me fwd for a role in the City, but asks me to send him:
      • The day and month of my birth
      • The last 3 digits of my NI number

I haven't provided it to him. I'm puzzled, but cautious, as I've never come across this particular request. Any ideas?
      Usually it's because the agent has to fill in a daft form (or web page) as part of the clients HR procedure. They won't accept the cv without this info.

Best to check with the agent, though.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

It's usually to generate a unique (hopefully) key / password for some sort of timesheet or other HR system.

(I bet it's Fieldgalss)
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I would not give this information to an agent just for my CV to be put forward to a client. No agent has ever asked me for this prior to job offer.

Comment

There is a good bit of paranoia now among agents with some of the more unscrupulous agents pretending to be candidates to get a sniff of the role. It may be a bit of a check to see if a fake candidate might still want to give up info.

Thinking about it though, it would make a very amusing call to hear a fake candidate applying for a fake role, both playing each other looking for leads

Comment

Just send it.

The last 3 digits are not really used in the NI number any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Just send it.

The last 3 digits are not really used in the NI number any more.
                You can make them up.

I know a few people who have made up data for things like this.

If you are then asked you can tell the truth of why you made it up.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You can make them up.

If you are then asked you can blame the agency and make them look incompetent.
                  FTFY
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You can make them up.

If you are then asked you can blame the agency and confirm they are incompetent.
                    FTFBothY
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X