• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client enforcing time away without notice period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBM? Oh and WTS ^
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

So does that mean an IR35 contract does not need to have a notice period included?

Comment

Originally posted by Belle View Post
        So does that mean an IR35 contract does not need to have a notice period included?
        Not uncommon to have 1 day notice for the client and they don't have to pay you that day if there is no work to do either. Also for there to be a no notice for you i.e. you cannot give notice.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nope, it means that an IR35 proof contract has to have an MOO clause. That means the client is not obliged to offer you work and you're not obliged to take it. In either case, you can only bill for work undertaken.

If the client says that they don't need you for x number of days or weeks then you don't get paid. It works the other way too.
          And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
            Nope, it means that an IR35 proof contract has to have an MOO clause. That means the client is not obliged to offer you work and you're not obliged to take it. In either case, you can only bill for work undertaken.

If the client says that they don't need you for x number of days or weeks then you don't get paid. It works the other way too.
            Bugger

Comment

Belle, this has been explained to you before...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ligations.html

You even nearly got it...

Originally posted by Belle View Post
              Good thing as far as IR35 but bad thing for me. It means I'm obligated during the Term to remain available for the Client, but does not mean the Client is obligated to provide me with work. I "assumed" that the Term was when I would be working From and To but obviously not. Something I'll be aware of in future contracts.
              Have you had a relapse??

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Belle, this has been explained to you before...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ligations.html

You even nearly got it...

Have you had a relapse??
                Can you leave people alone on this forum?

As far as I am concerned this is a perfectly valid question and I for one am pleased it got asked

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
                  Can you leave people alone on this forum?

As far as I am concerned this is a perfectly valid question and I for one am pleased it got asked
                  Looking at some of the questions you ask on here I am not surprised.

I don't see pointing out to someone that this exact question has already been answered for them is a problem.

If we left people alone we would have a forum full of posts and no responses anyway....
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 15 November 2011, 17:39.

Comment

Is it through an agent? If so invoice them until the 2nd.

The worst that can happen is they say no.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Judging by the utter crap you post on here I am not surprised.

I don't see pointing out to someone that this exact question has already been answered for them is a problem.

If we left people alone we would have a forum full of posts and no responses anyway....
                      LOL! I'd rep you for that reply only a few nobbers like marillion fan have made my rep almost as good as jack tulip so this will have to do!
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X