• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of America

Given all contractors in Chester 4 weeks notice today.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Hmmm surprised they haven't been up in arms and on here looking for options or something. Seems to have gone off quieter than I would have thought. Any idea of numbers?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Hmmm surprised they haven't been up in arms and on here looking for options or something. Seems to have gone off quieter than I would have thought. Any idea of numbers?
      Nope. I know a number were told contracts would not be renewed as they ended and have since left. Others who had promises of news contracts were told in August they wouldnt be offered. Others were told today they had 4 weeks notice.

TBH, most contractors there know BoA is looking to sell their UK & Ireland portfolio so those told today wouldnt be that surprised.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I would have thought most people there were expecting it. I will be interested in finding out how my client co gets on as they have a fair few there.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I would have thought most people there were expecting it. I will be interested in finding out how my client co gets on as they have a fair few there.
          I just mailed a couple of contractors and this original post is wrong.
          The project my friend is on has just hired 2 more contractors
          Last edited by manclarky; 31 October 2011, 22:24. Reason: OP was wrong
          And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

I ******* hope not!!

I just started last week at BoA on a 6 monther and 2 more new starters yesterday with more to come.

Must be project specific rather than the bank as a whole.

Comment

I think the devil is in the details here and we don't have them.

Barclays also culled all contractors at one point 2 years ago but many got around it by moving on to the managed service contract running at the time so got to stay. The guys direct with the agencies left.

Depends on what contract they have rather than ALL contractors I would guess.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=northernladuk;1418837]I think the devil is in the details here and we don't have them.
                The guys direct with the agencies left.QUOTE]

The guy I spoke to is through Computer People. He's been told his current contract which is until Dec 23rd won't be extended, but he was told that 3 months ago, so it's great news really.
                And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I think the devil is in the details here and we don't have them.

Barclays also culled all contractors at one point 2 years ago but many got around it by moving on to the managed service contract running at the time so got to stay. The guys direct with the agencies left.

Depends on what contract they have rather than ALL contractors I would guess.
                  BNP Paribas done something similar recently. Sacked "contractors", hired "consultants". Different budget you see....many of these consultants were one man bands working thro' their own ltd!

Comment

BofA are still hiring in London (It's a global bank buddy) The OP seems to be a little confused...

Comment

Working...
                    X