• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Double your money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Don't know what you were reading - it's clear to anyone that there's a builder analogy in there!!
    Wow, I can't believe I missed that, I feel so stupid now.

Comment

wrt to the Builder example here, imagine you gave him little or no work for weeks, and show him no prospect of work coming, do you still think the builder will let a tempting contract slip by?

Had the OP been given work and reasonable chance of the contract going on until completion, then there can be a chance of doubt - moral, ethical questions etc... where is the doubt in OPs case at all?

In my last contract, I knew I was going. I stuck on like a fool...see where I am now. Out of the contract in Oct and very quiet market. I let go some really nice gigs just becase I was 'not avaiable'... I am kicking myself everyday!

Comment

Indecision is no good. Forget this myth leaving early isn’t acceptable (this only IMO applies if you’re leaving the client in the lurch); don’t worry about the pimp either. IMO, get this alleged new contract and get out of dodge and stop messing around.

Comment

Working...
        X