• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 contracts at same time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok... from what I can gather, the current client doesn't know about your new contract. Why not just tell the client that you have been offered a new contract and that you are wondering if by mutual consent if you can be released early? In this scenario, you are only really pissing off the agent. You may burn bridges with the client, but that is the risk you have to take. Here's an idea (which has been suggested already), why not offer your services out of hours and bill accordingly? Also, why not agree to do a speedy and detailed handover?

Just a thought.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

None of their business I reckon.

Could be a problem if they both want you to be on site at the same time though....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Just out of interest are both your clients are in the same industry?

If you are talking about balancing your time between two banks I would argue you mention it to your clients or even check your contracts. Some will say not their business, others would say it would be professional to understand the conflicts of interest and be honest about them.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, will now only be a short overlap, so should be ok

Comment

No problem with 2+ contracts at the same time.

malvolio sums it nicely. Make sure you're delivering. You're paid to do the job(s).

Comment

Working...
            X