• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minimum daily rate in Zurich you would accept

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies I didn't actually phrase the question correctly, What I meant to say was when working in Switzerland are you able to reclaim all your expenses just like you're able to do in the UK for things like food, accommodation and travel etc?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Apologies I didn't actually phrase the question correctly, What I meant to say was when working in Switzerland are you able to reclaim all your expenses just like you're able to do in the UK for things like food, accommodation and travel etc?
      Well actually you can offset 1500 CHF a month as expenses, you need to have some proof like a mortgage or a rental agreement to prove you have a second home. I wouldn't exclude the possibility of offsetting more than that, but 1500 is the norm. You don't actually have to put in your expenses every month you just get 1500 CHF tax free.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Well actually you can offset 1500 CHF a month as expenses, you need to have some proof like a mortgage or a rental agreement to prove you have a second home. I wouldn't exclude the possibility of offsetting more than that, but 1500 is the norm. You don't actually have to put in your expenses every month you just get 1500 CHF tax free.
        Sorry to appear simple but how is it you're able to do that? I'll be using a payroll company apparently
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Yes the 1500 CHF expat expenses is the norm through a payroll company.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Yes the 1500 CHF expat expenses is the norm through a payroll company.
            Thanks that's made me a little less aprehensive about going there
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Thanks that's made me a little less aprehensive about going there
              If you have more than 1500, than you have to prove it. You can claim it before 1ste March . In my case I went home almost every week.

rgds,
              justme

Comment

Deductions

Originally posted by jeremytaxman View Post
                Nearly forgot ... HMRC will still consider you UK tax resident so you'll have to give them another 20% of your salary. The double tax treaty only means HMRC deduct the tax you paid to the Swiss - and that doesn't include the medical, pension

...... and HMRC won't let you deduct any expenses in the same way that you can't deduct your normal commuting costs in the UK.

.... so unless you can satisfy the non resident criteria, you will be shafted .... and short term gig implies less than 186 days so immediae shaft there :-)
                My payroll company deducted a pension of 3500 a month and provided me with an equivalent of a P45
                Gross less pension and I declared that amount less my expenses which the Belgians accepted but Belgian double taxation is not the same as the UK
                Why won't the UK allow commuting and hotel expenses in europe

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                  My payroll company deducted a pension of 3500 a month and provided me with an equivalent of a P45
                  Gross less pension and I declared that amount less my expenses which the Belgians accepted but Belgian double taxation is not the same as the UK
                  Why won't the UK allow commuting and hotel expenses in europe
                  Cross-border worker? Would be against the EEA rules for the UK to disallow it - think it;s a G-Permit in CH...

Comment

Just curious, if I were to drop for a 5day training in .ch would I still have to do that through payroll company or is it just for 'disguised employees'?

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                      If you have more than 1500, than you have to prove it. You can claim it before 1ste March . In my case I went home almost every week.

rgds,
                      justme
                      Did you actually make any money while you were there?
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X