• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension time - been told verbally but nothing sorted yet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a similar situation several people have said I need to be extended and am crucial to a number of strategic projects but nothing is sorted. Have told client that I am activky looking for work, they understand and are cool with that.

They are as frustrated with the red tape as anyone. When and if the extent ion comes in I expect to have a few options to help with the rate rise discussions :-)
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      ok ill admit I did ask some dull questions at first maybe.
      Your questions aren't dull, but people could easily get the impression that you are one of those people who just talk too much. Do you know the kind of person that just says whatever comes into their heads and they don't think things through. It starts to grate after a while because it feels like you're talking a lot, but you aren't saying anything but perhaps that's intentional.

but I do find it a bit entertaining that people get so wound up. its weird.
      That's called trolling. I understand that there is a section of the forum called "General" where people do this, perhaps this would be a good place for you to amuse yourself.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

ok ill admit I did ask some dull questions at first maybe.
        Your questions aren't dull it just seems that you don't read and take the time to comprehend the answers given to you.

Sometimes it's a good idea to read a rely, and go away for a couple of hour sor even a day to think it over and understand it before posting something else.

but I do find it a bit entertaining that people get so wound up. its weird.
        Probably because they can't understand why you don't read and understand the clear answer someone has spoon fed you already.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Your questions aren't dull, but people could easily get the impression that you are one of those people who just talk too much. Do you know the kind of person that just says whatever comes into their heads and they don't think things through. It starts to grate after a while because it feels like you're talking a lot, but you aren't saying anything but perhaps that's intentional.
          Possibly an accurate description here to be honest.

And yeh I know what trolling is and OK I suppose I dont do it deliberately but you must be fair, its not hard to get a reaction is it?
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Your questions aren't dull it just seems that you don't read and take the time to comprehend the answers given to you.

Sometimes it's a good idea to read a rely, and go away for a couple of hour sor even a day to think it over and understand it before posting something else.

Probably because they can't understand why you don't read and understand the clear answer someone has spoon fed you already.
            You possibly might have a point but you've got to admit this is a pretty unfriendly place at times. I dont understand why people get so wound up.

Comment

You possibly might have a point but you've got to admit this is a pretty unfriendly place at times. I dont understand why people get so wound up.
              Try behaving the same way as you do here to a bunch of strangers in real life. Probably they too will get wound up . They may just be polite not telling you.

oops. am I feeding the troll?
              --

Comment

Originally posted by contractoralan View Post
                Try behaving the same way as you do here to a bunch of strangers in real life. Probably they too will get wound up . They may just be polite not telling you.

oops. am I feeding the troll?
                --
                Not really sure if some of the people on here would act like they do on here in public either mind. They'd probably get a right kicking....

Comment

You think it's unfriendly to you??

Flaming contractors - don't know you're born!
                  "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                  SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Me:
                    They may just be polite not telling you.
                    You:
                    Not really sure if some of the people on here would act like they do on here in public either mind.
                    What is the difference here? You didn't read and grasp what was told, but keep on 'talking'. That's what we have told you many, many times.

Read SueEllen's post

You didn't understand this either, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by contractoralan View Post
                      Read SueEllen's post You didn't understand this either, did you?
                      Probably did understand quite well but we are dealing with the kind of person that just says whatever comes into their heads. I don't know why people do it, but perhaps they are lonely and it's a form of attention seeking like people who have a loud but banal conversation on their mobile phone on public transport.

Perhaps it's time to start ignoring this type of person or negative repping them so everyone will know that they are inclined to not listen to people. It's not that we're unfriendly here but that there are some people on the forum who patiently give good answers (often to variations on frequently asked questions) and newcomers need to listen carefully and consider what these people have to say rather than babbling.
                      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                      X