• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exclusivity period for agents to submit you for a role.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    I think the word you're looking for, is professional. You should try it - believe it or not, agents do appreciate it.....
    Some people are real nobs if they think the language and tone used on a web forum is the same that is used in every day life! And dont give it the sockie retort either.

Is your head stuck so far up your arse that you think it is!? Kinell.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
      I think the word you're looking for, is professional. You should try it - believe it or not, agents do appreciate it.....
      I am starting to agree with this, there is room for professionalism on both sides.

I have a good understanding with my agent, and they know I am coming to the end of my currant gig so they have been in touch with a potential contract that they are getting through in the next few days that will be perfect for me.

As much as we hate them with a passion and think of them as robbing barstewards, few of us would get far without the blood sucking leaches that are agents so never burn a bridge.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I am starting to agree with this, there is room for professionalism on both sides.

I have a good understanding with my agent, and they know I am coming to the end of my currant gig so they have been in touch with a potential contract that they are getting through in the next few days that will be perfect for me.

As much as we hate them with a passion and think of them as robbing barstewards, few of us would get far without the blood sucking leaches that are agents so never burn a bridge.
        Seriously, who doesnt have a professional relationship with their current agent? Or do people mean when they have a whinge amongst fellow contractors at work \ on a forum because at work, I hear all agents, including contractors current one get slagged of something rotten.

All very professional.

On another note, le tour is a little boring today so I'll play along a little, it really does make me smile when people get so serious about being polite and professional in response to my original post.

I can only assume that 1, professional agent or whoever, considers a mail response to a job application saying if you havent heard in 7 days, tough, is professional. Actually the mail said you've been unsuccessful if not heard in 7 days but you get the drift.

2, I'd have thought the comment Norfolking chance aluded to the rather tongue in cheek response but perhaps some people are so professional they've lost a sense of humour?

3, I dont see anything wrong in telling an agent who is fobbing you off or not (my opinion) that they have a shorter exclusivity period than they are telling you.

48 hours is plenty of time for an agent to know who they are going to submit. How many roles are still going to be available 7 days later? You'll be very fortunate to find an agent at this time who would submit or consider submitting you for the role.

If agents want to present me for a role, I need to know whether they have and Im not stuck in their reject list or worse, found I've spoken to some chimp and the account manager is the one who'll decide whether toput you forward or not.

If some people are happy to wait 7 days to find out they havent been submitted (and the way they find out is because they have heard nothing) that's up to them.

Being selective for the roles I want I impose an exclusivity period of 48 hours. If the agent gets back to me and says this is how its progressing or nope, you didnt make the cut, that's fine with me. I can them explore other avenues and not miss these opportunities.
        Last edited by BolshieBastard; 20 July 2011, 14:57.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
        X