• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New "Agency Worker Regulations" email from progressive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New "Agency Worker Regulations" email from progressive

Anyone else receive this email from Progressive?

I haven't seen anyone post about new "Agency Worker Regulations". Sounds a lot like the old agency regs.

The email links to a PDF Progressive have put together.

I think a few agencies have started sending this out.

Just ignore it!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      I think a few agencies have started sending this out.

Just ignore it!
      Better still, reply pointing out that they don't apply to Ltd Co contractors.
      World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
        Better still, reply pointing out that they don't apply to Ltd Co contractors.
        So long as they are "in business of their own account" apparently. So although not directly related such a contract would be outside IR35 then? Let's see the agencies suddenly get all excited about their new IR35 friendly contracts after not giving a tulip for all these years.....
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Q4. Will the AWR apply to limited company contractors?
          A. The definition of an “agency worker” will exclude the genuinely self-employed working through their own service company (a PSC), but not individuals with their own PSCs who are not in business on their own account (i.e. a genuine business to business relationship).
          Therefore, contractors that consider themselves “in business on their account” will fall outside the Regulations. All other temporary agency contractors are protected by the AWR.

If you are a contractor working through a PSC and are genuinely self employed we will collect written confirmation from you of this prior to the start of a placement and treat the placement as outside of the scope of AWR.
          I think agencies will use this to push brollies more, in fact - especially those belong to their parent group. "Look, you get holiday pay", that the less savvy will not really understand is being funded by their own fees.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The right to “equal treatment” will only be triggered when the agency worker has completed 12 continuous calendar weeks service in the same role.
            Calendar weeks will accrue regardless of how many hours the worker does on a weekly basis - one hour is enough.
            So if i go on holiday for a week towards the end of the contract and do no hours for that week they could extend me over 12 weeks and have no worries about this until it reaches the end of another continuous 12 weeks as it would start again?

Or whats to stop a place after 12 weeks saying we will setup another contract for you to start in a week go home take a week off come back for your new contract on Monday in a week.

Edit ....I just read some more of that PDF and saw a bit more kind of answering my question!!!!
            Last edited by curtis; 12 July 2011, 08:03. Reason: /

Comment

Working...
            X