• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I sign an Opt-in Contract or Opt-out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I sign an Opt-in Contract or Opt-out?

I have a contract that signed it as Opt-out already. I'm asking this for my next contract. Apologies if this is asked many times here as I'd guess it should be a quite general topic concerning every contractor.

I'm working via my own Limited company (consultancy).

What are the differences exactly between an Opt-in and Opt-out contract?

Why should I sign an Opt-in or Opt-out contract?

What I know is that Opt-out means that we opt to be out of the UK Employment Regulations? What are they? any rights, responsibilities or limitations? advantages and disadvantages.

What's your advise for a contractor who works via his own Limited company?

Many thanks

1. Read the sticky on opt-in/opt-out
    2. Pay to get your contract reviewed before you sign it
    3. Do not start on the client site regardless of what the agency says until you have the contract and it has been reviewed. Clients will wait for contracts to be reviewed if you take up to 2 days.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's not only asked a lot of times but it is even stickied!!

Advice for a contractor who owns his own LTD is to do some research in things a little more.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 4 July 2011, 20:23.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamic View Post
        What's your advise for a contractor who works via his own Limited company?
        Read the sticky.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

If I had found it, I wouldn't have asked it here.

which sticky you mean? link?

ta

Comment

If I had found it, I wouldn't have asked it here.

which sticky you mean? link?

ta
            It can be found at the top of this sub forum

Comment

I seem to be blind or it's not there. have you got a proper link to the leaflet?

Comment

I seem to be blind or it's not there. have you got a proper link to the leaflet?
                Click on the link in my post! Underlined text is usually a hyperlink to another website or page. In this case it's another thread that has been pinned to the top of the forum, i.e. a "sticky".

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                  Click on the link in my post! Underlined text is usually a hyperlink to another website or page. In this case it's another thread that has been pinned to the top of the forum, i.e. a "sticky".
                  You are scaring me. Does he really work in the IT industry?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You are scaring me. Does he really work in the IT industry?
                    Last month I had to show someone with "20 years of IT experience" how to set a calendar appointment in Outlook. Just because someone says they work in IT doesn't mean they actually have any IT skills at all!

Comment

Working...
                    X