• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jersey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Clark View Post
    Long term lerker here, usually I dont feel I can add much to a thread but in this instance I might!

I worked in Jersey on a 6 month contract 18 months ago (loved the place BTW) so if you have any specific questions I may be able to help.

BTW, with regards to accomadation my understanding is the rules are a bit strange (I stayed in a hotel 4 nights a week paid for by the client so didnt dip my toe).

I cant remember the exact details but were something like you have to lodge with someone for the first 3 years before you can rent, once you have rented for 7 years you could apply for residency, one you have residency you can purcahse.

Of course, if you moved to Jersey with x millions of pounds you can skip this process.

Thats what the Jersey folk told me anywho.

Something to keep in mind/research if you are planning to rent.

Ta.
    Hi,

I wouldnt mind a chat by email or something.

They really want me and will wait for my decision on Monday....

Who did you work for?
    Nice Lifestyle?
    Where did you travel from in the UK?
    Pricey?
    Where did you stay?

Peter

Comment

Looks like it's fell through... They wouldn't agree to hours.

Asked for it every other week so at least I'd get every other weekend home, waiting on an answer Monday.

I'd really fallen for the job and jersey as well!

Comment

Not worry, dust yourself down and move on. IMO, if they can't see that you're making fair and honest requests upfront, what would they be like to work with?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X