• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone contracted at the BoE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone contracted at the BoE?

What is the culture like? Pros and cons?

Originally posted by gamble1234 View Post
    I went for a contract at the BoE and they called me to ask my racial ethnicity, they turned me down because they need a black contractor to make up their positive discrimination numbers
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I went for a contract at the BoE and they called me to ask my racial ethnicity, they turned me down because they need a black contractor to make up their positive discrimination numbers
      You should have said one of your grandparents was a Traveller as that would have trumped saying you were Black.

After all people who claim they are Travellers, are educated and now live in houses are extremely rare.

(And yes I do know someone.)
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You should have said one of your grandparents was a Traveller as that would have trumped saying you were Black.

After all people who claim they are Travellers, are educated and now live in houses are extremely rare.

(And yes I do know someone.)
        I know a fair few living in the town I do and often bump into them at the strangest locations (outside the tea rooms in Harrods was the last memorable occasion). Unfortunately I didn't think straight when I filled in the forms when the girls first went to school.

They should all be at Appleby at the moment so don't claim to be one this week as it won't wash.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by gamble1234 View Post
          The rate is always cr@p.

Comment

Working...
          X