• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mass Apply or Quality Apply?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Apply or Quality Apply?

Which way provides you a better chance of getting a contract quickly, mass apply or quality apply?

By Mass apply I mean just having a generic CV and sending it to all the relevant job adverts you see quickly.

Quality apply means that writing a specific CV for each job advert, then applying for the job then calling the agent and see asking what they think and whether they'd like to proceed with your application.

In Average, perhaps you can apply for 10 jobs per hour in the mass apply whereas in the quality apply, you can apply for 1 job per hour.

So which way would provide you a higher chance of getting a new contract quickly?

Any advise with reasoning would be very appreciated.

A combination of both - mass apply to get your CV onto agency books. Quality apply with CV tailored in response to specific roles being advertisied.

It is time comsuing but worth doing -I hold 3 variants of my generic CV which I then tailorise when required and find this an efficient way of doing it.

Comment

Depends whether you're a commodity or not. If you're just a bum on seat, and you can be switched with another contractor at will, then go for the mass application.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Depends whether you're a commodity or not. If you're just a bum on seat, and you can be switched with another contractor at will, then go for the mass application.
        Agree 100% in my (probably rare) case I only apply to one or two niche openings get through the interviews at 100% success rate (for now) and choose the project with more sunshine in it...

Why waste time on applying for jobs you don't want and if you're a commodity why has your job not been outsourced to India yet

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          A combination of both - mass apply to get your CV onto agency books. Quality apply with CV tailored in response to specific roles being advertisied.

It is time comsuing but worth doing -I hold 3 variants of my generic CV which I then tailorise when required and find this an efficient way of doing it.
          WKS
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

In my experience, mass apply is a waste of time.

Just let your CV searchable. only apply for the job you're interested in followed by a quick call to the agent expressing your interest. this would greatly improve the chance!

Comment

I just mass apply - 5 years and its never let me down
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamic View Post
                Which way provides you a better chance of getting a contract quickly, mass apply or quality apply?

By Mass apply I mean just having a generic CV and sending it to all the relevant job adverts you see quickly.

Quality apply means that writing a specific CV for each job advert, then applying for the job then calling the agent and see asking what they think and whether they'd like to proceed with your application.

In Average, perhaps you can apply for 10 jobs per hour in the mass apply whereas in the quality apply, you can apply for 1 job per hour.

So which way would provide you a higher chance of getting a new contract quickly?

Any advise with reasoning would be very appreciated.
                Dynamic
                In my experience, mass apply is a waste of time.

Just let your CV searchable. only apply for the job you're interested in followed by a quick call to the agent expressing your interest. this would greatly improve the chance!
                You post a question and then give yourself advice? Am I missing something here?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You post a question and then give yourself advice? Am I missing something here?
                  The only thing you are missing is Dynamic has a habit also of posting a question, missing information out then posting another question with the additional information to get the simple replies he wants.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X