• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ab Initio Contracting - 2011

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ab Initio Contracting - 2011

Hi,

Till mid-April, Ab Initio contracting opportunities don't look any close to the green period during the last 2 quarters of 2010. Do you agree?

How do you see Ab Initio Contracting opportunities towards 2nd half of 2011?

thank you

Is this a poor attempt to advertise the company??
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Is this a poor attempt to advertise the company??
      Why would my statement sound like an advert? I don't represent Ab Initio corporation. I am Ab Initio developer/contractor.

thanks

Comment

We don't understand your first sentence. Please try again.

But as to your third statement, there seems to be enough opportunities out there, no reason they won't still be around later in the year...

Find Ab Initio Jobs with jobserve.com
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It's interesting that the same slightly unusual syntax of the OP above is echoed in much of the wikipedia article about the company...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
            We don't understand your first sentence. Please try again.
            Sorry, if I my statement was clear. I am Ab Intio Data Warehouse Developer, owning a limited company for myself (am the Director) So thought this group is the most appropriate section for my query.

I am trying to compare the Contracting job market for Ab Initio for Q1 2011 with Q3 and Q4 of 2010. And Q1 of 2011 was not very encouraging. So, thought of taking views from other forum members about any improvements they anticipate for Q2, Q3 and Q4 of 2011.

thanks

Comment

Never even heard of Ab Initio, so clearly not anywhere near the green. More purple.

Comment

Originally posted by matzie View Post
                It's interesting that the same slightly unusual syntax of the OP above is echoed in much of the wikipedia article about the company...
                Ah yes...

To the OP: yes we have all kinds of stats for this software/company, unfortunately due to their punitive Non-Disclosure Agreement we can't tell you about any of it, not even if we use it...

Sorry.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I wouldn't get your hopes up on a sudden upturn if you work in the IB sector.

The Swiss Bank that I used to work for was moving heavily onto Informatica while the US bank I currently work for is (due to the high cost) looking to ditch it for Talend

Comment

Working...
                  X