• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Teminated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Teminated

My contract was terminated yesterday. i was called into the office and 12pm and told that my contract is being terminated and to finish at 5pm. it was meant to run until March 2011 and to top it off i also had my contract re-viewed and just heard that i fall into the ir35.

What a great start to 2011!

Sadly, it happens, pick yourself up, dust yourself down, update the CV and move on to the next job.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
      My contract was terminated yesterday. i was called into the office and 12pm and told that my contract is being terminated and to finish at 5pm. it was meant to run until March 2011

My contract ended on Friday. Had a couple of offers. will see how that goes. Just updated my cv and posted it on the usual sites. see where that takes me.
      So which is it?

And was posting this to "Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions" a troll?

just seen a job advertised on serve that states - CANDIDATES MUST BE SC SECURITY CLEARED.

unfortunatly im not. i have a ltd company and want to know if there is a way i can get round this applying to get sc cleared via my company.
      Send for the Sockie-Finder General!
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

My contract was terminated yesterday. i was called into the office and 12pm and told that my contract is being terminated and to finish at 5pm. it was meant to run until March 2011 and to top it off i also had my contract re-viewed and just heard that i fall into the ir35.

You don't "fall in to the IR35" if you got binned without notice. You do fall in to the "I don't know what I'm doing" though.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          You don't "fall in to the IR35" if you got binned without notice. You do fall in to the "I don't know what I'm doing" though.
          did it really take them 4 months to find out 'that i don't knwo what im doing' if thats the case maybe its them who dont what there doing!

Comment

Kandr is back!!

Comment

did it really take them 4 months to find out 'that i don't knwo what im doing' if thats the case maybe its them who dont what there doing!
              "Knowing what you're doing" wrt contract law and IR35. I assume you're fully able to do the job itself!
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

You are aware that if you start a contract without signing it, then you are deemed to have accepted the contract, irrespective of the contract review? If you are aware, why bother getting your contract reviewed?

Sorry, your post doesn't make sense. It's no wonder you were terminated. Hasta la Vista.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

As an aside to this discussion (such as it is...) a seven year long () IR35 case was won today by a PCG member. The key factor in the ruling was a demonstrable lack of Mutuality, as shown by his client's ability to terminate him without notice...

So hands up all those who demand four weeks notice in their contracts...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    As an aside to this discussion (such as it is...) a seven year long () IR35 case was won today by a PCG member. The key factor in the ruling was a demonstrable lack of Mutuality, as shown by his client's ability to terminate him without notice...

So hands up all those who demand four weeks notice in their contracts...
                    Nope, I try to negotiate zero notice, if that's not possible, no more than a week. Notice is for employees.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X