• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I still invoice if ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I still invoice if ...

The office is closed?

Due to the heavy snowfall I received word today that the office shall remain closed Wed, Thurs & Fri of this week despite the fact that I could actually make it there if need be.

Just wondering cos this has never happened before.

Thanks.

It would be very unreasonable to charge them for those days.
    You could argue the toss with them given that you have agreed to 5 days per week but it would be more professional to write the days off as a loss
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Unless you can work from home, or make up the time somehow, I don't see how you can possibly bill them for the work. Write off the revenue and enjoy your time off.

Comment

Thanks I thought that would be the case just wanted to check first.

Comment

When I was snowed out of work in the UK with the client's agreement I just made up the hours over the month and billed for them at the end of the month. Obviously bit hard if it's the end of the month when it happens.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kermitt View Post
            The office is closed?
            Is it not the sort of job where you could work from home then?
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              Is it not the sort of job where you could work from home then?
              Obviously not if he's asking that question.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

******* bill away if they'll sign it off

Surprised if they do. Most places require permies to take holiday / unpaid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  ******* bill away if they'll sign it off

Surprised if they do. Most places require contractors to take holiday / unpaid.
                  FTFY
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Obviously not if he's asking that question.
                    I was presuming that kermitt worked in IT and wondering what sort of job he was doing that he absolutely couldn't do from home or if there was some possibility that he could do other work from home (documentation, project planning, research etc) during the snowtime.
                    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                    X