• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I still invoice if ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Most places require permies to take holiday / unpaid.
    Scrag's correction not withstanding, is this true for permies? If the police are telling people not to travel, then it seems like this would break an employment contract. I can't remember any (employment) contract I had stating this clause.

Any employer I had who pulled that stunt, I'd call in sick the day it was due to start snowing!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ask them if you can make up the hours in the coming weeks, then bill them for it.

Comment

I would have turned up regardless, you're keeping your part of the deal.

Get some form of proof from the reception desk, security etc. Then charge them. They have not provided you with a means to forefill your contract, therefore they default. You have made every reasonable attempt to keep your end of the deal.

Perhaps they should have stipulated a VPN connection for you to use in the event of bad weather? Smell like bad planning to me on behalf of the client for bad weather conditions?

As a business you could have worked for another client in that period. You are not a charity case for bad management planning.

Then again there's a play fair clause which says you should spread the missed time over the month and suck it up. Depends on how much you like the client

Comment

I agree it was bad planning on their part but they have said I can recoup the money providing I put in the hours (smells like overtime to me).

Essentially the office was locked and even if I got in there would not have been anyone here to verify that I had been.

I am not in IT I design control systems for Oil & Gas production systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Cata1yst View Post
            I would have turned up regardless, you're keeping your part of the deal.
            He's a contractor, he gets paid for working not turning up, no?

Originally posted by kermitt View Post
            I agree it was bad planning on their part but they have said I can recoup the money providing I put in the hours (smells like overtime to me).
            Paid overtime though, if you want it. Seems a good offer, up to you if you want it.

I am not in IT I design control systems for Oil & Gas production systems.
            You don't work with Gensym products by any chance? Or do you mean engineering "control systems"?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X