• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM Rates for Paris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM Rates for Paris

Hi All,

Just had an offer direct from a client (through an ex contractor colleague who works there) for a Project Manager Role based just outside Paris in Versailles.

Have no idea on rates there - as a ball park figure does anyone know what to expect with 8 years experience? They want to do an 'all in' rate - so pay me a one off daily rate to cover all expenditure/accom etc.

Any help greatly apprecaited - Thanks in advance.

Bonjour, allore? Sava, luv? Looks like everyone is too busy contracting in Blighty to reply...

Comment

The only insight I have is from my technical contractor friends and they say it's very expensive to live there with some sort of style - then you're saying it's not central Paris...
      On the flip side on of said friend has agreed to a rate lower than UK because of the work and lifestyle culture - wine with 2hr lunch etc...
      Do you intend to be coming back to UK for the weekends etc? If so I imagine Eurostar will be morbidly crowded and expensive during those times.

Comment

Quite a few PM roles in Paris on Jobserve, but NO rates were quoted in the ads.

Work out what you need to work there, Eurostar, Accomodation etc....... and see what is comfortable.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I too have pounded all the job boards but can't seem to find any rates. Have used itjobswatch.co.uk and searched for London roles, thinking that London should be simular to Paris in terms of living costs. Hoping thats a sensible way to go?

What I am dong is (as you say) just thinking about every expense and using the net to find out how much I can get it for and just making sure it would be profitbale for me. Obviously I do consider the long lunches and Parisain sights in thinking this. Hard though - there is very little on the web for apartment rentals or travel costs.

Comment

I don't move in IT related PM circles but similar roles in process engineering in Paris seem to be about 650 to 700 Euros a day at the moment. HTH.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Thanks very much for that Fred. The research I have found for IT PMs is circa the £500 per day mark.

I have also found that letting in France is pretty much a non goer. It turns out you need a local sponsor in order to lease a place and the whole paperwork can take months to complete. So think its a no go for a short term project - just in case anyone wanted to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Fac511 View Post
                Thanks very much for that Fred. The research I have found for IT PMs is circa the £500 per day mark.

I have also found that letting in France is pretty much a non goer. It turns out you need a local sponsor in order to lease a place and the whole paperwork can take months to complete. So think its a no go for a short term project - just in case anyone wanted to know!
                Myself, I'd have no issues staying in a Formule 1 or an ETAP, cheap and cheerful. But not everyone would do that.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  Myself, I'd have no issues staying in a Formule 1 or an ETAP, cheap and cheerful. But not everyone would do that.
                  I am quite with you on that one to be frank. On a long contract a bed really is a bed, as long as its clean and warm of course. RE: F1's, do they still have communal showers/bathrooms though? When I was like 10 I remember staying in them on parents holidays with the communal showers/bogs!

Thanks,
                  Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Fac511 View Post
                    I am quite with you on that one to be frank. On a long contract a bed really is a bed, as long as its clean and warm of course. RE: F1's, do they still have communal showers/bathrooms though? When I was like 10 I remember staying in them on parents holidays with the communal showers/bogs!

Thanks,
                    Richard
                    ISTR that some F1s have bathrooms in some of the rooms, check website obviously. Also try Balladins, Akena, B&B, Bonsai, Kyriad, Premiere Classe, poss Campanile. But Etap is in more places than anyone else.

In Paris there are also plenty of individual hotels, try www.hrs.com.
                    Last edited by Ignis Fatuus; 17 November 2010, 17:52.
                    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X