• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM Rates for Paris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fac511 View Post
    I am quite with you on that one to be frank. On a long contract a bed really is a bed, as long as its clean and warm of course. RE: F1's, do they still have communal showers/bathrooms though? When I was like 10 I remember staying in them on parents holidays with the communal showers/bogs!

Thanks,
    Richard
    Good luck, let us know how it pans out. I've been to Paris for leisure but I've shied away from working there, it always seemed too much hassle to be worth it. Needs must though I guess.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      ISTR that some F1s have bathrooms in some of the rooms, check website obviously. Also try Balladins, Akena, B&B, Bonsai, Kyriad, Premiere Classe, poss Campanile. But Etap is in more places than anyone else.

In Paris there are also plenty of individual hotels, try HRS.
      Mate, many thanks for those suggestions - most helpful. FIW if I take this contract I plan to hire a car so will most likely do the budget hotels some nights and then check out the secret 'hidden' hotels on lastminute.com closer to the weekend/when the missus comes over. Gets a bit of balance and saving then. Again, thanks for all your help with this.

Comment

Living and working in France

Hi,

I can offer my own recent experience in France as a contractor.

I have been working as a PM in the south of France since Jan. I'm now looking for something in Paris. The par does indeed seem to be about 500 for a PM there. If your a senior PM, you can probably stretch it to 600-700, particularly in banking.

Concerning accommodation, this is indeed a big pain over here. You can forget going via a rental agency unless you are happy to pay 12 months rent up front. Seriously, I was asked to do this by all rental agencies, and the rental prices down here are around 2k a month.

However, you can go via individuals who are renting. You can check out the following sites, they worked very well for me. We found a nice english couple who were renting a villa, and it worked out a lot easier and cheaper than going via an agency:

AngloINFO - Everything you need for life in another country...
        Petites annonces gratuites d'occasion - leboncoin.fr (in french)

For contracts, if you speak french then try:

Freelance-info : Communaut de freelances
        Offres d'emploi en banque, finance, comptabilité, assurance & finance de marché en France
        Emploi et Recrutement - Recherche emploi et annonces sur Monster.fr

Hope this helps.

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X