• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent making contractor pay for CRB check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent making contractor pay for CRB check

In the past I've seen minimum wage temp roles being offered which require the applicants to be already CRB checked, but this advert I saw today takes pimp penny pinching to a whole new level:

Project Manager Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Contract IT Job

"Offer of contract subject to vetting procedures which incl. a CRB at a cost of £23 to the Contractor. (payable at point of invoice)"

Originally posted by Bob The Drummer View Post
    "Offer of contract subject to vetting procedures which incl. a CRB at a cost of £23 to the Contractor. (payable at point of invoice)"
    That's not a penny-pinching pimp, that's a piss-taking client.

However, what does "payable at point of invoice" mean? Does it mean "Add the £23 to your first invoice"? Meaning, if you fail, you bear the cost but if you pass it will be refunded?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I saw an ad today placed by the charitable foundation of a mobile operator, they were expectng volunteers to pay for enhanced disclosure checks.
      Crikey, that was all paid for when I did the pre-requisite volunteering and paid work for my degree!

Received a strange call from an agent this morning at 06:50 asking if I was IPAF and PASMA "qualified" for jobs he is handling.
      I had to look the terms up and I'm left bewildered why he thought I would even go up a mobile tower scaffold or scissor lift work platform, let alone pay upwards of £400. renewable every three years for the dubious privilege.

What a ridiculous time of night to call!

Good plan B though; devise a mandatory certification programme for an industry sector, then tax and govern those foolish enough to part with their money in that industry.
      Last edited by Aman; 22 October 2010, 02:54.

Comment

Wow, they will be expecting us to pay our own train fares to get to interviews next.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Wow, they will be expecting us to pay our own train fares to get to interviews next.
          And your own suit!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Scandalous, how are people supposed to pay for that out of £400/day without putting themselves under the bread line.!

Comment

Originally posted by Aman View Post
              Received a strange call from an agent this morning at 18:50 asking if I was IPAF and PASMA "qualified" for jobs he is handling.

FTFY

When I read it first I thought ten to 7 in the morning.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

In the past I've seen minimum wage temp roles being offered which require the applicants to be already CRB checked, but this advert I saw today takes pimp penny pinching to a whole new level:

Project Manager Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Contract IT Job

If he wants it, he can pay for it. Simples.

Oh sh.. I NEVER say that
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

This brings it all to a new level!

I went out for a drink with an agent recently and he expected me to go halves on the round!!!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How long do CRB checks last?

e.g. Do you have to get them re-newed every year?

Comment

Working...
                    X