• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Places to Look for new Jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Places to Look for new Jobs

Hi All,

I've been contracting for 7 years now and just come back onto the market after being in contract pretty much for the last 3 years. So it's been a while since I last started really hammering the job boards....

I just wondered what people think are the best job boards to look for roles/push your CV to. 3 years ago (for me) it seemed to be (in order of preference and how they look this week):

1. Jobserve (still busy)
    2. CWJobs (very very busy)
    3. Jobsite (moderate)
    4. Monster (hardly worth the bother - clunky screens and little jobs).
    5. LinkedIn (lots of agents keen to 'add' you to bolster their numbers but seems to me no actual jobs going).

NB. I work in Testing/QA.

Would you agree these are still the ones to concentrate on, or are they now some new kids on the block which are far better?

Cheers in advance,
    Fac511

I use Contract Search Wizard - Part of the Contractor UK Network on this website.

It gathers jobs from most of the sites on your list.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

That list seems perfect to me, the only thing I would add is if that I am busy I am content just looking at Jobswerve as I find that 99% of jobs are replicated on the other boards so get frustrated spending all day looking at the same stuff in triplicate but then it does just need that 1% to get a role I guess.

I would also sack Monster for searching. Stick my CV on and forget about it and I don't even bother with Linked In, more than enough other methods to spend time on than that.

If you have time to hammer all the points on that list then I would say you have it covered though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the repsonces. I have to say I only concentrate on JS and CWJ day to day as (as you say) they seem to cover all jobs ever posted and the extra time to do the others doesn't really make it worth while. So the suggestion of using the Contract Search Wizard makes that job even easier!! Thanks!

Good to know I am not that out of touch with the current job board trends! Thanks.

Comment

Have you tried the sub continent ?

Also, have a look in 'Jeapordy'. According to the Daily mail, there are thousands of jobs there........
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Have you tried the sub continent ?

Also, have a look in 'Jeapordy'. According to the Daily mail, there are thousands of jobs there........
            Take it your saying the market aint that great then??

Comment

Working...
            X