• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV Submission to ClientCo....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Submission to ClientCo....

Had an interesting discussion this morning about the submission of CVs to ClientCo.

If an Agency asks you whether your CV has already been submitted to ClientCo do you merrily say 'nope, please do feel free to submit me' or do you do the honest thing and say 'I got submitted last week and am waiting to hear back'?

I usually go down the honest route on the basis that nothing will hack ClientCo off more than duplicate submissions but the counter argument is that some people may prefer clients from their bestie mate's agency (I can understand that having hired in the past) so it's worth using the scattergun approach in the hope one of the agencies that submits you is the aforementioned bestie.

Any thoughts?

"I think my CV has been sent for that role already, but it's been a while and I've not heard anything."

If they're on genuine good terms with the hiring manager / company, they will generally ask if it's OK to check if they've received your CV and binned/accepted/ignored it.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      "I think my CV has been sent for that role already, but it's been a while and I've not heard anything."

If they're on genuine good terms with the hiring manager / company, they will generally ask if it's OK to check if they've received your CV and binned/accepted/ignored it.

^^ WHS

For those of with relationships with hiring managers - it's worth a 20 second phone call to check. It also helps cement our relationships, as it demonstrates that we're not into taking the underhand approach to steal a fee/ contractor off of our competition.
      "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
      SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Interesting that you have been asked that. Everytime I can remember being in this situation the agent has not told me the clients name, just industry and county, like, large financial company in Cheshire or Govement organisation in Sussex or something. I think with that level of vagueness I am quite happy to say I am not aware I have been submitted to your client because to be fair I am not. I might have a hunch or a guess but I am not going to risk an agent not putting me forward if he can't give me more info....

Now when he says a bank in Knutsford opens another can of worms.......
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X