• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Appraisal Feedback for Permies - Any IR35 implications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appraisal Feedback for Permies - Any IR35 implications

I've had a hunt and can't see if this has been asked already - apologies if it has....

I'm in a org as a PM that makes extensive use of matrix mgt to resource my project so interface with a spread of permies delivering to my projects. I'm being asked to provide input to several guys appraisals in the current cycle. Note that I am NOT receiving or conduction any appraisals, just being asked for input.

The concern I have is, with the whole "disguised employee" concept in mind, would a contribution to this employee performance evaluation process that is clearly not central to project delivery influence my IR35 status in light of any investigation?

Thanks in advance

Customers feedback to companies and this doesn't mean the customer is part of the companies organisation.

I don't think giving feedback on some that is delivering for you is anything to do with being a hidden permie. It is not affecting an mutual obligation or client direction etc...

In fact can you not argue that feedback/lessons learnt is part of being a manager of anything if it does get questioned?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Customers feedback to companies and this doesn't mean the customer is part of the companies organisation.

I don't think giving feedback on some that is delivering for you is anything to do with being a hidden permie. It is not affecting an mutual obligation or client direction etc...

In fact can you not argue that feedback/lessons learnt is part of being a manager of anything if it does get questioned?
      Agree, but what do I know. The key I think is that you are inputting into process, not ding the appraisal.

Comment

Working...
      X