• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Futures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Futures

Despite being a competitor, I very rarely criticise other firms, on CUK this is the only time I've done this, but when I was a contractor myself Computer Futures were the worst I ever worked through,

I would have to be in a bad place before I'd work with them.
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
      Despite being a competitor, I very rarely criticise other firms, on CUK this is the only time I've done this, but when I was a contractor myself Computer Futures were the worst I ever worked through,

A contractor I knew also had negative things to say about them.
      "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
      Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post

Dominic, it's fine.

We wouldn't class you as a competitor. [Add winky smile]
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
          Dominic, it's fine.

Comment

Dominic, it's fine.

Now that was funny!

Comment

Dominic, it's fine.

We wouldn't class you as a competitor. [Add winker smilie]
              FTFY...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                From a contractor standpoint, you should be worrying about your rate rather than the agency rate. Were you happy to accept the rate ? If yes, then take the job, if not, then don't. If you think the agency is artificially reducing your rate to line their own pockets, be prepared to tell them to do one and walk away.

Your second statement (bolded) about clothes manufacturers is somewhat understated. The clothing industry, particularly when it comes to 3rd world manufacture, makes Contracting Agents look like Father Christmas' over generous relatives !!
                This is one line of thought. However, agency mark ups of 40% will impact on the relationship the agent and ultimately the contractor have with the client. Client might be less likely to give an extension to an expensive contractor. There have also been examples of companies who terminate their supplier agreement with agencies with a high mark up, in which case the contractors often have to leave.

Comment

Just started a contract with CF beginning to regret it as no point was I told about having to wait 28 days before I get paid. I have told them and they are not willing to budge on this.

Further more I think they are taking a lot more money from the client than I am being paid, I'm sure the margin is very high. Do you think it is a good idea to discuss this with the client ? I am thinking of walking away from this contract, though cannot fault the client just the terms of every thing is a bit of a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by ASCII View Post
                    Just started a contract with CF beginning to regret it as no point was I told about having to wait 28 days before I get paid. I have told them and they are not willing to budge on this.

Further more I think they are taking a lot more money from the client than I am being paid, I'm sure the margin is very high. Do you think it is a good idea to discuss this with the client ? I am thinking of walking away from this contract, though cannot fault the client just the terms of every thing is a bit of a mess.
                    You started a contract without knowing the payment terms and you now are unhappy that they are too long?
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                      You started a contract without knowing the payment terms and you now are unhappy that they are too long?
                      Indeed. Sometimes I actually feel a little bit sorry for agents. It's all in the contract, everyone signs and is happy and then they have to deal with people who didn't read not understand their contracts. Must be soul destroying at times. OK. 10 seconds have passed and don't feel sorry anymore. F### em.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X