• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Futures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kal View Post
    Progressive were notorious a while back for sending me emails along the line of 'Hot Java Role in <location>, send your CV is now to be considered!!!' I did a few times (spending time on my CV and application as I always do) and chased up as well, never got back to me (the same wall of silence every time), never got a reply even though the role was an almost perfect match, won't go near them now.

The last contact I had with their Birmingham office I replied to yet another 'Hot Role' email with 'I don't consider roles from Progressive as I never get a response and have better things to do with my time' funnily enough haven't heard from them since...
    I had same experience with progressive. They are the only agency I avoid, and off course hays
    "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
      I had same experience with progressive. They are the only agency I avoid, and off course hays
      Not surprised, the S3 companies are bottom of my list, if I see a role advertised by them and another more reputable firm I will apply via the latter every time...

Comment

Not surprised, the S3 companies are bottom of my list, if I see a role advertised by them and another more reputable firm I will apply via the latter every time...
        Remind me who the s3 companies are. Spring hyphen progressive?
        Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
          Remind me who the s3 companies are. Spring hyphen progressive?
          And Computer Futures, never dealt with Hyphen but my experience of the other three has not been good...

Comment

I have worked through CF, Progressive and the Hypen group and had no problems at all, smooth recruitment process and prompt payment.

A lot comes down to the individual and how you interact with them IMO...you reap what you sow.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
              I have worked through CF, Progressive and the Hypen group and had no problems at all, smooth recruitment process and prompt payment.

A lot comes down to the individual and how you interact with them IMO...you reap what you sow.
              What a load of tulipe...

Comment

What a load of tulipe...
                Which bit. I have worked with Hypen before and would agree with everything he has said..

I can never understand these threads where a contractor wants to slate and entire recruitment agency of a few 100 people. You have one bad experience with one recruiter and it is the companies fault? I have been through the best agencies with a crap agent and the worst agencies the lady I dealt with was one of the best I have met. You are dealing with individuals in the most case.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Which bit. I have worked with Hypen before and would agree with everything he has said..

I can never understand these threads where a contractor wants to slate and entire recruitment agency of a few 100 people. You have one bad experience with one recruiter and it is the companies fault? I have been through the best agencies with a crap agent and the worst agencies the lady I dealt with was one of the best I have met. You are dealing with individuals in the most case.
                  There is a lot to be said for word of mouth though. It's good to know others experiences- off course you have to apply common sense but its useful for me to know others have had problems with the same agencies.
                  Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

I should just point out that Spring / Hyphen are not part of the SThree Group.
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I was taking about the 'you reap what you sow' comment, made no sense, and one can only go by ones experiences, but it's funny how certain firms come up time after time...

Comment

Working...
                      X