• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Futures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    Happy to look into it for you ASCII, I have sent you a PM.
    Many thanks for all your help Andy much appreciated.

Comment

I just had a call from a CF agent about a possible role and literally the first thing she did was explain their 28 day payment terms (even before saying anything about the role). I thought that was a bit odd; perhaps they're feeling a bit self-conscious about it.

Anyway, I'm currently on 21 day terms which is bearable but 28 days is getting silly. Anyone know if CF are willing to negotiate on the payment terms, or is it a case of take it or leave it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kess View Post
        I just had a call from a CF agent about a possible role and literally the first thing she did was explain their 28 day payment terms (even before saying anything about the role). I thought that was a bit odd; perhaps they're feeling a bit self-conscious about it.

Anyway, I'm currently on 21 day terms which is bearable but 28 days is getting silly. Anyone know if CF are willing to negotiate on the payment terms, or is it a case of take it or leave it?
        I've had plenty of non-CF contracts on a weekly invoicing and 28 day payment terms - I don't see anything unusual there.

Currently direct and I'm on monthly invoicing and then 60 day terms, so weekly and 28 days seems fantastic to me.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I'm on monthly invoicing and then 60 day terms
          Wow, I'll stop grumbling!

Comment

28/30 day terms are becoming more common so far as I can see. I guess if we want to be seen as proper business we need to start accepting it.

Comment

I echo the sentiment in this thread. Dealt with some right tools via Computer Futures and I know their mark-up is crazy. However my favourite agent (we all have one!), works through Real Staffing (Real staffing are part of S3) and she is bloody brilliant.

Comment

Near the bottom of the food chain I'd say

They're always phoning and emailing but rarely anything comes of it. Often, there is an extremely vague spec or a spec that has clearly been written by someone with no software knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                X