• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have a website to sell your contracting services?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a website to sell your contracting services?

Hi,

Just wondering how many CUKers have websites to advertise their services, and whether they have had any success with them ?

I'm considering doing this as an addition my CVs on job boards and Linkedin, but since I'll probably be hiring someone to design the site I want to see if they really work before I commit any funds.

Thanks,
    CS

Just buy a domain and get it hosted so you have a more prof looking email than cheesy002@hotmail then put together simple (free) joomla site.

It does allow you more flexibility than a couple of pages of CV.

No real effort involved tbh.

Comment

I was thinking of getting a website built but have not got round to it yet. Dont know what the cost would be to get it done?

Comment

As others have said, getting a real domain name to which you can associate an email address on your CV is a reasonable idea I think. Much better than [email protected] in my view.

Doesn't cost a lot, and if you use an outfit like freeparking you get the domain hosted without charge so that email can be received for the domain.

Comment

No. Can't see the point.

Never had any great trouble getting work.
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post

Comment

You can create a website. Don't spend too much [money & time] effort on it - as you will not get any visitor

Comment

1. Yes.
                2. No.

A waste of time in my own experience, I just get lots of requests for free advice from folk who do not want to pay. HTH.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What's the worst that can happen; you get some work through it?

Comment

Originally posted by coultog View Post
                    What's the worst that can happen; you get some work through it?
                    No. You spend so much time farting around trying to create that perfect web site that you miss the golden opportunity you were hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                    X