• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What sort of contractor would reply to this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    At some point they will wake up and realise that retaining an IT skills base is as strategically important as retaining the ability to build nuclear submarines.

Or they won't.
    Of course they won't. The current rulers will leave office, and a former minister has even less tendency to be forced to see reality than a current minister, and even their record is not good.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Sadly there's a reason for that.

The agent/client will then say that they can't find anyone to fill the vacancy, then they'll bring Bob in to do it.
      This is a fantasy, it would only be possible if it was a permanent position.

Comment

What's more offensive, the joke rate or ALL CAPS?

Maybe it would be worth it for someone who graduated during the summer and still hasn't found anything. A bit of cash and a commercial project on the CV.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          At some point they will wake up and realise that retaining an IT skills base is as strategically important as retaining the ability to build nuclear submarines.

Or they won't.
          Just like we haven't the capability to build nuclear power plants anymore? Just as the Chinese are set to export large numbers of nuke plants over the next 25 years all over the world. Truly a frightening but true thought.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
            This is a fantasy, it would only be possible if it was a permanent position.
            No it's not as I've seen it happen.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

No it's not as I've seen it happen.
              For example .. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                For example .. ?
                BT.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Goodness! Hasn't this thread gone quiet suddenly?!

Comment

BT.
                    Tech Mahindra take a bow!

90% of UK contractors replaced by Bob.
                    Blood in your poo

Comment

BT.
                      Had BT/TM been advertising all those contract positions as contracts at ridiculously low rates before they signed the deal with Tech Mahindra ? I doubt that, as there was no need for that, they just exploited the ICT loophole. It is not even required to carry out a resident labour market test before sponsoring an intra-company transfer.

There seems to be a common misconception on this forum - there is no point to advertise a contract at a low rate in order to bring a Bob in.

EU, Tier 1, ICT - resident labour market test is not required
                      WP (Tier 2) - has to be a permanent position

Comment

Working...
                      X