• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should CUK have a sub-forum for posting gigs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should CUK have a sub-forum for posting gigs?

With the recent trickle of such posts I wonder, is it better to have a specific place for it? Or, does CUK think it would only get the site swamped by agents spamming every job?

Perhaps such a sub-forum could have a restriction that only established members can post? On the plus side, we would be able to post feedback on working with specific CUK members who post the jobs - seems to me that most people would prefer to build a relationship with one agent they learn to trust, if it were possible.
    Separate forum please
    87.50%
    Post in Business forum
    12.50%
    It shouldn't happen at all, sod off pimps
    0.00%
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Hardly spamming yet.

Useful to see them when perusing contracts section.

If it becomes overloaded then can be reconsidered.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Andyw is Bob Shawadiwadi's agent.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        With the recent trickle of such posts I wonder, is it better to have a specific place for it? Or, does CUK think it would only get the site swamped by agents spamming every job?

Perhaps such a sub-forum could have a restriction that only established members can post? On the plus side, we would be able to post feedback on working with specific CUK members who post the jobs - seems to me that most people would prefer to build a relationship with one agent they learn to trust, if it were possible.
        Was just thinking of a separate forum for gig posts, after seeing a couple of TAV's.

+1 from me
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
        X