• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone fancy a gig in Europe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They aren't expected to write the spec.

The manager recruiting should either write the spec themselves or get someone in the team who knows what's needed to write it.

HR/agencies job is to filter CVs against the spec.

The issues are when HR/Agency word match exactly to the spec, when they receive a cr*p spec from the client or the client has unrealistic expectations of the skills pool.
    Blimey - I never thought I'd see a response from you that came down vaugely on my side of the fence!!

I think you're going soft on me
    "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
    SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
      Blimey - I never thought I'd see a response from you that came down vaugely on my side of the fence!!

I think you're going soft on me
      Not going soft on you at all.

Just pointing out it's not possible to know everything.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I assume in this case TAV is intending to put himself in the middle of the deal, and sign a contract to supply X to his client, where X is the services described in the spec. Surely it must help to at least pretend to understand what X is, if you're going to sign a contract to supply it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
          .........who is prepared to work in Sweden.
          FYI, I worked in Sweden for 4 years. A few points to consider on both sides...
          • Sweden can be expensive but not as scary as people think. It varies according to what you are buying. Some things are expensive compared to UK others are not.
          • Sweden is very beautiful - both people and places!
          • The Swedes are very friendly people
          • It is important to get all the official paperwork completed to give you a "personnummer" and other things.
          • Accomodation is reasonably priced but very hard to come by, especially in Stockholm. There is a black market but this can be pricier.
          • Public transport is good and efficient
          • It gets bloody cold in winter; worst I had was -25degrees!
          • Snow can last for 4-5 months.....
          • The dark nights in winter take some getting used to - the long days in summer are better but equally take some adjusting!
          Bottom line: Sweden is a great place but, long term, is not for everyone.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            I assume in this case TAV is intending to put himself in the middle of the deal, and sign a contract to supply X to his client, where X is the services described in the spec. Surely it must help to at least pretend to understand what X is, if you're going to sign a contract to supply it?

I agree. Ordinarily, I would know far more - but I'd also not be posting the opportunities on here, as I'd have them covered and sorted.

This is a requirement outside of my usual space, and whilst I've done a bit of research in order to at least hold a conversation - but it's not feasible for me to try and become an expert in the space of a few days. To be honest, I don't need to know the ins and outs of it though - The stuff I do know in depth, I do as a value add - not because I need it to do my job.

HTH

TAV
            "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
            SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Working...
            X