• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC (Security Check) to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I presume your SC is held by your previous client now which means if you are not using it on this role it is ticking down on it's year before expiry. Have you approached your new client about transfering it to them even though you don't need it? They would be doing you a favour if they don't have to do it but worth a punt? That would restart the clock as your current client will technically hold i? Would be a shame to lose it as roles will always consider a current SC over a renewal.
    My current employer holds SC & i have given their details to the prospenctive client for SC transfer. I told them not to contact for SC transfer until I inform current employer about my plans. Before SC transfer I have to complete BPSS hurdle. SC transfer is not an issue i believe, hope current employer will not deny SC transfer even though it seems to have costed them around £7000..!

Comment

My current employer holds SC & i have given their details to the prospenctive client for SC transfer. I told them not to contact for SC transfer until I inform current employer about my plans. Before SC transfer I have to complete BPSS hurdle. SC transfer is not an issue i believe, hope current employer will not deny SC transfer even though it seems to have costed them around £7000..!
      nice one! Bit of a win there. I presume this is enough as they say 'it has to be used' in the last 12 months and I am not sure what the term 'use' is. Is having a client hold it while you are working for them or do you have to demonstrate you are working in an SC environment. Either way nice little number you got.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X