• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing non IR35 contract clauses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing non IR35 contract clauses

I get the impression that a number of people on here get the wording of their contracts altered to make them more IR35 friendly.

Personally I've had no joy on this & have given up - I just bung money at my pension instead. On both occassions I've attempted to change the wording of a contract it has turned into a very convoluted affair with a lot of toing and froing between the agency & a legal expert (who gets a fairly hefty fee for his efforts). No agreement is made that satisfies the legal guy and eventually I get the agency telling me they won't pay me until I've signed the contract & furthermore they are not prepared to make the requested changes because it would undermine the agreement between themselves and the client. Anyone else been through this?

Yep! Have let a few contracts go as a result.

Key is to try and get the changes done before you start. This can be difficult as agents only seem to want to send contracts out at the last minute - so you start without a contract! But even then I've had no luck on this!

Comment

Tip I've been given is always get the details of the client hiring manager and to phone them up if the agency doesn't play ball.

Agents and agencies can be blacklisted by clients very easily.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Same here. Last two wouldn't move even when I walked on the first one. They rang me a few days asking me if I was still interested despite saying no to them first time and they still wouldn't change.

At the end of the day the contract has to reflect the working conditions and they won't change it just to suit us, especially if they have spent money on a a legal team reviewing it. Thats how it is woth some agencies
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X