• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SAP taining period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAP taining period

Last week, a recruiter told me my profile would have been showed to an employer if I had a minimum of experience with SAP.

I would like to offer my services to an IT contractor in London who could offer me the opportunity of a training period on SAP Materials Management.
    I am an experienced purchaser with excellent administration skills.
    One of you may have some time consuming tasks they would love to let to someone eager to learn. Am I wrong? Hope not.

Let me know what if you are interested or what you think about my offer?

Good luck with that. Dont forget to get a lottery ticket as well
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Try a temp job with Hays or Reed

Originally posted by SAPtrainee View Post
      Last week, a recruiter told me my profile would have been showed to an employer if I had a minimum of experience with SAP.

I would like to offer my services to an IT contractor in London who could offer me the opportunity of a training period on SAP Materials Management.
      I am an experienced purchaser with excellent administration skills.
      One of you may have some time consuming tasks they would love to let to someone eager to learn. Am I wrong? Hope not.

Let me know what if you are interested or what you think about my offer?
      If you have some accounts experience you can try and get a temp job with Hays or Reed with a company using SAP. Dont pay for any training as its expensive and doesnt garantee work

Comment

Am I naïve?

I am not looking for a job but a training period.

Why an employer would contact (and pay) an agency if it is not to recruit experienced and/or qualified people. Even to undertake data entries duties. I have no chance in competing with other 100 applications for that sort of job.

Is it really unrealistic? Would it be possible to carry out any takes in exchange of some explanations on SAP?

Comment

Clients want experienced contractors. They want a job done and they are not interested in training newbies even if they don't pay them.

So yes, you are naive.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Clients want experienced contractors. They are not interested in training newbies even if they don't pay them.

So yes, you are naive.
            wss

your best chance is getting a permie job as an end user where they are implementing sap and then moving into a more functional / technical role

Comment

Aren't we getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Sounds to me that the OP just wants training as an end user doing admin work on Materials Management, not as a configuration consultant.

To the OP: you're unlikely to find anyone on here that:
              a) has access to the SAP MM module
              and
              b) has a lot of admin tasks that need doing
              and
              c) is willing to give up their time for free to train someone.

A quick search on Google brings up a few documents for reading. You might also try an online training course like this (not a recommendation for this site by the way, never tried it myself).

As Brussels Slumdog says, try to leverage any experience you get online into an initial start through Hays or Reed and build from there.

Comment

Working...
              X