• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying an already formed company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying an already formed company

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any reputable sources of buying an already formed Ltd company in the UK?

Kind Regards

Tony

<mod>I'll move this to business/contracts for you</mod>

Originally posted by toneee View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any reputable sources of buying an already formed Ltd company in the UK?

Kind Regards

Tony

<mod>I'll move this to business/contracts for you</mod>
    I don't think people do already formed companies these days, the process is faster now so company formation is the way to go.

HTH
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      I don't think people do already formed companies these days, the process is faster now so company formation is the way to go.

HTH
      Absolutely.. you get to pick a really cool company name as well.... or just cock up completely and end up with a really unimaginative one which is just you initials <cough>
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It was worthwhile in the past but since the VAT registration regs have changed it's pointless as you'll still have to register and wait for VAT even when purchasing a ready formed company.

Company name isn't important, that can be changed afterwards
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I agree with the above - just set up a brand new company. It's cheap enough to do and should only take a day. You get to chose your name and be subscriber shareholders (the first to own the shares rather than them being transferred to you).

Try someone like Stanley Davies if you want to do it yourself. You only need the basic package, don't worry about company seals and record books.

If you'd rather not do it yourself, there are accountants who will do it for you if you sign up to a monthly service or pay a one-off fee, and they will throw in VAT registration, PAYE setup and bank account set up.

Don't pay more than around £100 for an accountant to do it for you.
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Absolutely.. you get to pick a really cool company name as well.... or just cock up completely and end up with a really unimaginative one which is just you initials <cough>
            Or put 'IT services' in the name. doh
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by *Clare* View Post
              I agree with the above - just set up a brand new company. It's cheap enough to do and should only take a day. You get to chose your name and be subscriber shareholders (the first to own the shares rather than them being transferred to you).

Try someone like Stanley Davies if you want to do it yourself. You only need the basic package, don't worry about company seals and record books.

If you'd rather not do it yourself, there are accountants who will do it for you if you sign up to a monthly service or pay a one-off fee, and they will throw in VAT registration, PAYE setup and bank account set up.

Don't pay more than around £100 for an accountant to do it for you.
              Strange...

When looking at your CUK public profile it says you have not been active since 28 Nov 2006!

It seems to be defaulting to a user called Clare and not you *Clare*

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Strange...

When looking at your CUK public profile it says you have not been active since 28 Nov 2006!

You can reach it by manual means though:
                http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/*clare*.html

Comment

Some accountants do it for you for "free" if you use hem for the first year or so.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Strange...

Fancy putting a wildcard in your user name :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X