• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hate IR35 Status Questionairres!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate IR35 Status Questionairres!!

Just been through one for my new contract and its about as easy to understand as the IR35 legislation itself!!!!!

Like my accountant said, its working practice that really matters not the wording of the contract.

I'm not even on-site yet so HTF am I supposed to know what the working practice is gonna be yet....

A mate of mine got stung for £90k a couple of years back for 6 years on the same client site, really prefer to be safe than sorry.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Who have you filled this in for? Do you have an electronic copy?

More information please!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      Just been through one for my new contract and its about as easy to understand as the IR35 legislation itself!!!!!

Like my accountant said, its working practice that really matters not the wording of the contract.

I'm not even on-site yet so HTF am I supposed to know what the working practice is gonna be yet....

A mate of mine got stung for £90k a couple of years back for 6 years on the same client site, really prefer to be safe than sorry.
      I think you'd find that it is working practise that matters if your contract is outside IR35 and your contract that matters if your contract is in IR35.

£90k? That £500 a year insurance sounds cheap doesnt it?
      Last edited by escapeUK; 13 April 2010, 19:47.

Comment

I don't like IR35 any more than you but 6 years in one place does sound like a bit of a piss take - although I assume he didn't know it was going to be 6 years?

6 years is longer than my longest permie job was

Comment

If you could get insurance after 6 years at the same client.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Sorry but your mate's a mug for being on site for so long. That's just asking for trouble or rather, an IR35 investigation.

I dont care what anyone says, if you're on site that long, you become integrated into the client's organisation.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Sorry but your mate's a mug for being on site for so long. That's just asking for trouble or rather, an IR35 investigation.

I dont care what anyone says, if you're on site that long, you become integrated into the client's organisation.
              Dunno, I did 18 years for one client. Ok, it was all over the world different sites, some fixed price, some T + M etc. Had a full (and expensive) compliance investigation post IR35 introduction and HMIT didn't really bat an eyelid WRT IR35. They did bat an eyelid about lots of other things though...

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                Dunno, I did 18 years for one client. Ok, it was all over the world different sites, some fixed price, some T + M etc. Had a full (and expensive) compliance investigation post IR35 introduction and HMIT didn't really bat an eyelid WRT IR35. They did bat an eyelid about lots of other things though...
                Yeah, there's always one who tells a story like this. IMO, if you're working that number of years for the same client, you're part and parcel of their organisation. Simple as.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you could get insurance after 6 years at the same client.
                  Length of contract is irrelevant to an IR35 investigation (with the exception of an incredibly short contract helping to put you outside).
                  If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Yeah, there's always one who tells a story like this. IMO, if you're working that number of years for the same client, you're part and parcel of their organisation. Simple as.
                    Unless you work as an IR35 inspector, your opinion (IMO) is worthless
                    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X