• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is none so blind as those who won't see.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelOfTheNorth View Post
      There is none so blind as those who won't see.
      Pardon?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I had a massive fight with Sky HR over the IR35ness of their contract. In addition to the contract, they wanted me to fill in a "New Employee" form listing my next of kin, NI number etc.

I pointed out that I wasn't employee, I was providing a business to business service, and if they had a guy from BT installing a leased line they wouldn't have expected him to do that. HR's response was that no they wouldn't, but a BT engineer wouldn't be an employee.

Eventually I just gave up and walked away.

Also make sure you get a contract before turning up. I know lots of people who didn't get contracts until after starting for couple of months. Pretty risky stuff, and definitely not something I'd do personally.
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          Also make sure you get a contract before turning up. I know lots of people who didn't get contracts until after starting for couple of months. Pretty risky stuff, and definitely not something I'd do personally.
          By then, he'll be permie and won't have to worry about IR35.

Of course, he doesn't have to worry about IR35 now, either
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Pardon?
            Don't worry, that was a post on your side.

What Im saying is that the OP is blind to what we are saying because he doesnt want to see what we are saying.

He wants the 'correct' answer, and you didnt give it to him, so he'll keep asking until someone gives him the answer he wants to hear.

(perhaps none so deaf as those who wont hear would be more appropriate)

Comment

Originally posted by AngelOfTheNorth View Post
              Don't worry, that was a post on your side.

What Im saying is that the OP is blind to what we are saying because he doesnt want to see what we are saying.

He wants the 'correct' answer, and you didnt give it to him, so he'll keep asking until someone gives him the answer he wants to hear.

(perhaps none so deaf as those who wont hear would be more appropriate)
              That went straight over your head didn't it
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                That went straight over your head didn't it
                Kerchick BOOM! - Shot and burned!!

PS - OP please take in what the guys are saying....

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  Kerchick BOOM! - Shot and burned!!

PS - OP please take in what the guys are saying....
                  It hasn't gone ignored. I am taking in what has been said. As far as I know there is no current org chart structure for this role. Sky haven't set anything in stone yet.... and I have taken on board what has been said.

The only thing I have ignored is AOTN.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

..Depends on what really happens next

The clincher for me would be whether you took the Perm role or not.

I had a Contract to Perm role before. (advised just before phone interview - thanks agent)

Client was bringing me employment paperwork after a couple of weeks.

Stalled for a few weeks on the basis that It was too soon to decide.

Then advised them that the offer was not acceptable.

A few months later they came back with a better offer, that would have been tempting, had I not been offered another contract elsewhere.

Ended up there over 6 months....

Comment

Originally posted by MonzaMike View Post
                      The clincher for me would be whether you took the Perm role or not.
                      The jury is out on this one. It all depends what they offer.
                      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                      X