• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Partner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partner

Business not pleasure...

Following on from this thread
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...light=partners

I am now a partner with a well known software provider and I've earned some additional accreditations to become this. I wouldn't say qualifications as they are more geared to how to sell\market the product etc. I do have the technical qualifications to support the product as well which I have been using for a few years.

I can still see myself applying for roles via job boards for the foreseeable future but would you include the partner status on your CV? I ask as I'm not certain how agents would view it. 9 times out of 10 they are just looking for an extra body so if I portrayed myself as an b2b company could that put them off speaking to me? Or would it be a case of them thinking as his company is a partner he could do the job better than the next man?

What would you do? Thanks.

Would just one line added be sufficient?

DIGERIDO - CV

Contact Details
    ---------------
    Blah

------
    Blah

Techie skills
    ------------
    Blah

Professional Qualifications, Memberships, etc.
    -------------------------------------------
    MABC
    PRINCE3
    Microsoft Certified Solairist
    Registered NoddySoft Partner

Work History
    ------------
    Blah
    But do put it on your business cards and web site.
    You know what you wanna do with that right, you wanna put a bangin' donk on it!
    Put a donk on it!

Comment

Unless the partnership provides value to the client, there is no point including it .. It may even put off some client managers.

Comment

Originally posted by questiontime View Post
        Unless the partnership provides value to the client, there is no point including it .. It may even put off some client managers.
        Agreed. Unless that partner is going to add tangible value to the contract you are going for it's just words.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If the "Partner" relationship is something where you pay money to the other company in order to obtain test software and become a "Partner" i.e. some of the Microsoft schemes then don't bother. You are not a partner but another revenue stream for the other company.

If this is something where you have a signed contract of mutual understanding for something with the other company then maybe, depending on the circumstances.

Comment

Thanks for the input I appreciate it.

The software is VMware. I know where you are coming from re: handing money over to them but you do get benefits, though maybe partner status is more geared to going direct and not via agency's.
            I value finding jobs via agents but I would like to be in a position where I could find roles by going direct to clients. Wouldn't we all?

I think I may include the accreditations and leave off the partner status and see how it goes?

Comment

On a typical CV I'd add a line somewhere but not highlight it unless relevant to the contract. If nothing else it might get you some keyword matching points.

If you want a B2B relationship proper, you need to approach companies directly I'd say, I never saw an equivalent of an agency to put a small company in contact with a client.
              Or, get a contract and then try to work from inside, when you leave announce "I'm leaving to run my own business, give me a call if we can help".
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X