• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom line - Recruiters don't care. They get their brief from their client, who provides the specification.

He who pays the piper, calls the tune...
    Last edited by Scruff; 22 July 2020, 14:14. Reason: spelink
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Just spoken to a recruiter who reckons its currently taking between 18-24 months to process SC

Anybody here who's been cleared recently able to verify?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Just spoken to a recruiter who reckons its currently taking between 18-24 months to process SC

If an agent says so it must be true...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/S...-may-20202.pdf

Read it and weep...The SLA's are notoriously not being met...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/S...-may-20202.pdf

Read it and weep...The SLA's are notoriously not being met...
            Agreed, although my NPPV3 a few years back was done in 5 days - between offer acceptance and first day on site.

SC was taking on average 2-3 months (and IME about half of that was waiting on the local team to do their thing after the vetting agency had done theirs...), so I can see that routinely doubling very easily. Much beyond that seems rather more unlikely.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Cost to the Sponsor

Hi,

How much does it cost the Sponsor to put someone through SC Clearance? Not the time factor but the actual fees?

Cheers

Comment

Anyone passed SC clearance with points on drivers license ?

I unknowingly drove my father's car without being insured on it. I was then reported (for driving with undue care and attention) by a cyclist for stopping to let another cyclist pass. A notice was received from the police for driving with undue care and attention and i stated I was the driver. I then got another letter from the police stating that I was not insured.

I accept the no insurance which will come with 6 points but plan to challenge the other charge.

Will this type of offence adversely affect my chances for successful SC clearance? The job is with a government department.

Comment

We've already answered that on your other post didn't we?

If you read this thread (even if it's just the first few pages) you'll also find the answer you need. Not quite the answer but general advice that applies to every 'Will xxx affect my SC'.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Time taken for transfer during COVID-19

I'm just interested to find out how long a wait it's been to transfer Security Clearances during COVID-19. I saw one person mention it took 10 days for an expedited request. I'm on my 3rd week of waiting and hoping it won't be too much longer.

I'd like to think it's an administrative action to carry out the transfer, and it's the case of waiting for someone to look at it that causes it to take time. Especially with the number of people that are dealt with. From what I've been told, the processing time has been improving in the last couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Pre lockdown (end of Feb / early Mar) my SC application was processed & granted within 3 weeks, so 18-24 months seems very unlikely TBH.

The truth is that it takes as long as it takes to get to a decision.

If your history is complicated, the process will be longer.

Good luck.

Pin
                      Last edited by Pin Pin Poola; 10 September 2020, 12:49.

Comment

Working...
                      X