• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mscott
    replied
    SC Clearance as new(ish) resident

Hi,

Posting here to not cause clutter threads.

There's a position going that requires SC clearance where the client is willing to sponsor. However the client seems under the impression that I need to have been a UK resident for over 5 years. I have not been able to find this requirement anywhere, does anyone have any more info for either the client to show that's not the case or for me to show that this is indeed so?

Edit: I was able to find this Get Security Cleared - Security Cleared Jobs (and even that states generally) but have not been able to find it confirmed anywhere else / on the gov.uk websites, neither has the agency.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mscott; 7 January 2019, 17:19.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by NewContractorSC View Post
    Hi, I applied for SC clearance using a sponsor on the NSVS portal back in August 2018. They asked for some more info (finance form) in 7 days and I have provided all information by 3rd week of August. It is still showing In Progress and its nearly 3 months. I had SC a decade ago, but it expired.
    My question is, is there anyway to ask for progress update as an applicant?
    Nope, the whole process is screwed atm. because they changed the organisational arrangements behind it and tried to merge them all into one. It didnt work and now there is a huge backlog.

See the NAO report below.

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/up...ull-report.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I have been waiting since 11 Jan. Gov't SLA's mean Zero.

Leave a comment:

• NewContractorSC
    replied
    SC clearance application processing

Hi, I applied for SC clearance using a sponsor on the NSVS portal back in August 2018. They asked for some more info (finance form) in 7 days and I have provided all information by 3rd week of August. It is still showing In Progress and its nearly 3 months. I had SC a decade ago, but it expired.
    My question is, is there anyway to ask for progress update as an applicant?

Leave a comment:

• BlackCountryContractor
    replied
    NorthernLad if you can add these to the sticky on the front page of the thread I'd be grateful:

Certes guide to SC vetting alongside other vetting levels

Overview of SC vetting

Important Notice about Police vetting

All staff and contractors have to undergo vetting under the ACPO vetting framework, this is a separate vetting system done outside of the UKSV by the Police Force themselves, an example would be a person who has undergone clearance with MOD won't be allowed to join the Police force until they are cleared & authorized by their relevant police force.

Metropolitan Police

Metropolitan Police vetting deviation from the standard ACPO vetting

Metropolitan Police vetting standards

Note: Current Metropolitan Police policy states CTC clearance is needed on for the vast majority of their sites, be warned even if you have SC with Management Vetting, you will still need to undergo CTC vetting for joining the Met Police

Rest of UK Police Forces (Normally done by Warwickshire Police Vetting Unit)

Police National Contractors Vetting Scheme

Vetting SLAs for clearance done by Warwickshire Police

Warwickshire Police Vetting Unit Portal

Management Vetting and Enhanced Management Vetting for those that join Police forces as fixed-term contractors or temporary staff

Note: All police staff working in areas with police marked materials which of a sensitive nature will be required to undergo Management Vetting

FYI: Please note all of these links are on the public domain and free to view by the general public (Before I have someone hit me on the head for disclosure) also note policy can change over a period of time also vetting is done by a case by case scenario so if you hear deviations from what is posted here be aware it is at the discretion of your vetting officer on matters regarding personal issues that might otherwise affect vetting.
    Last edited by BlackCountryContractor; 24 October 2018, 07:30. Reason: Added Notice

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    All of which have the same vetting requirements. Your point is...?
    It took 10 days your point is?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    Mine is national and sc which has since been transferred to moj, doh, cabinet office, FCa and boe.
    All of which have the same vetting requirements. Your point is...?

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Ha-Effing-Ha.

Benny Hill must have written those SLA's. What are the repercussions of not meeting them?

Sent from my CPN-W09 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• BlackCountryContractor
    replied
    Current Warwickshire police vetting SLAs for people undergoing vetting

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    Mine is national and sc which has since been transferred to moj, doh, cabinet office, FCa and boe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X