• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A way to get government security clearance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A way to get government security clearance?

I was wondering what this CESG is because it offers some quite attractive rates. CESG Listed Advisor Scheme

I don't know if it's useful to anyone but it's run by the government and they will get you SC clearance. I would apply but reading the fine print, it looks like I don't meet one of their requirements so I'll have to put that on hold. Entries close 31 March 2010.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Just imagine the furor on here if they had worded the following section and made a typo ommiting the words 'be able to'. Bolshie would have done his nut

All members of the scheme must be able to hold an SC or higher
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's a job requiring clerance, and they are applying the rules correctly by saying they will not deny applications from people without it. If only the agencies and prime contractors would do the same, the whole problem would go away.

As an aside though, if you joined the scheme and then left in fairly short order, I suspect your clearance would be non-transferable to the new sponsor. They are looking to build their own resources, not anyone else's.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

CESG is the technical arm of GCHQ, they look after the keys to the kingdom as it were.

Comment

I am currently applying for CLAS registration. It is ideal for contractors who work in Information Security and Risk Management for the government and related supliers.

If you pass the selection, which this year also has testing to ensure that experience quoted in the application can be proved, CESG will sponsor you for SC.

CLAS has to be re-applied for every year.
          SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Babbage View Post
            CESG is the technical arm of GCHQ, they look after the keys to the kingdom as it were.
            They are the National Technical Authority for Information Assurance.

Sounds very grand doesn't it?
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Yeah, but acting like any other governemnt department. Client has to accredit the network to a given CESG standard to use various HMG portals by a given date (September I think). Snag is CESG haven't defined the standard for accreditation, and are unlikely to do so this year.

Heigh ho...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X