• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bench - Blog! How do some of you cope and bag an Interview?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrHelpful View Post
    How are u doing it??? When u apply for a role via jobserve and you call the agent. The agent says to me cv have been submitted usually! how does one get a role without being advertised... Constant calling of an agent??? I am finding it flippin ridiculously hard to get to a client. Luckily freelancing is bringing a revenue in but I want back in... And work with peeps. So much circuit training one can do
    I got quite a lot of calls from agents who had found my CV on Monster. If you haven't got it up there already, do it. Immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by vandiss View Post
      I got quite a lot of calls from agents who had found my CV on Monster. If you haven't got it up there already, do it. Immediately.
      WHS
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I have updated Monster but it has resulted in ZERO callbacks... is the market flooded with PMs. Did have a positive day yesterday where atleast my CV went fwd to 2 customers just waiting to hear back from them now. I've update cwjobs profile today so hopefully that yields some results.
        Never Never Never give up

Comment

I have updated Monster but it has resulted in ZERO callbacks... is the market flooded with PMs. Did have a positive day yesterday where atleast my CV went fwd to 2 customers just waiting to hear back from them now. I've update cwjobs profile today so hopefully that yields some results.
          Update every profile, every day.

In RC's thread about job hunting, there are some tips that he picked up from the job centre. Many agents will automatically filter on CVs updated in the last few days - make sure yours is one of them.

You could even try stuffing the margins of your CV word document with key words in white so they don't show up when printed, but so show up when automatically filtered. I have not done this, so have no idea whether it helps / hinders the search.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Thanks for the tips... updated it with a few more lines. I will def do this daily now

Comment

Oh ****erty **** **** ******* hell.

The second interview I had last week, the client has now withdrawn the ******* role because they now consider they want an out and out BA who has an 'overview' of testing (whatever the **** that means, apart from the obvious )

******* livid. Why dont these twunts know what role they want to fill?

****!

Good job I've still got two interviews awaiting a decison otherwise Id be ******* suicidal.

****, I hate contracting sometimes.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I've just had my offline rant so don't need the expletives, but if I get another pimp questioning why I've been off the last few months I will tear them a new

They way these idiots go on its as if you've had the last year off. fight:

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Stick in there - well I am... perservering.... waiting for that call still - though I had 3 calls in the last 2 working days. Just gizza an interview.

Can I ask whats the best course someone has gone the JSA to pay... luckily I have a healthyish warchest.

Comment

Stick in there - well I am... perservering.... waiting for that call still - though I had 3 calls in the last 2 working days. Just gizza an interview.

Can I ask whats the best course someone has gone the JSA to pay... luckily I have a healthyish warchest.
                    If you leave it too long before claiming JSA, then you won't have paid enough NI to be able to claim it any more.
                    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Well I'll just re-start my salary then when thats the case

Comment

Working...
                      X