• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brilliant Call From Agent...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I read the spec a few times and considered it briefly - but I couldn't have blagged it and wouldn't like to try!
    But you know your too nice (not that anyone around would agree I bet ) but you probably also know you undersell yourself.

If the job need someone with good attitude, head for work, doesn't take any rubbish then you know you are first in line for that! The rest is just process that anyone can pick up once they are in the driving seat.

I am guessing if this is some senior lady boss she is a bit of a ball cracker and would look for and repect that in who works for her... from what I know of you, you fit the bill perfectly (sorry)
    Go for it, I think you would surprise yourself.. Honestly.....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

or maybe it was a new agent device. been on the "how to dupe contractors by sounding like an old duffer" course yet da?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

An older sounding gentleman, who began his pitch with "Now, I'm so pleased to have got in touch with you - I think I have an ideal role for you, especially seeing as you're a female".
        I had an agent leave me a message the other week, quite lengthy.. and in the middle of it he started stuttering "they need, erm, a, erm a lady, like you".

I just laughed. I've met this agent and he's relatively young, in his 30s. The job was for something I don't usually do though.. but he seems fairly genuine.... I think sometimes some of 'em have foot in mouth syndrome themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by northernrampage View Post
          I had an agent leave me a message the other week, quite lengthy.. and in the middle of it he started stuttering "they need, erm, a, erm a lady, like you".

I just laughed. I've met this agent and he's relatively young, in his 30s. The job was for something I don't usually do though.. but he seems fairly genuine.... I think sometimes some of 'em have foot in mouth syndrome themselves.
          It's amazing how a simple distraction in the office, or a tiny loss of concentration leads to a complete load of drivel being left on an answering machine..... I do it all the time.

Although....relatively young? I'd say an agent in their 30's, is probably quite experienced and long in the tooth for this game! (if you're rubbish, you don't last long, and if you're good, it's hardcore in terms of pressure, so most get out - unless like me, you actually love the job, and thrive on the pressure)
          "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
          SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Working...
          X