• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency 'Cut'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency 'Cut'

How much is normal for an agency to take a cut??

!0%, 15%, 25%... etc???

Cheers

Atleast 12% per day - I have come to average
    Never Never Never give up

Comment

So at what point would people start telling the agency to do one...?

I've just found out how much my agency are taking, and its not nice viewing!

Comment

Its very difficult - usually need to get your client to vouch for u and then commence battle at renewal time driving down the margin.
        Never Never Never give up

Comment

Hmmm See the other plan of attack would be to transfer to going direct with client, but I'm sure there is a clause in my contract that prevents me from doing this for 6 months after its ended.

Comment

I'm going direct through a consultancy at the moment and they're taking 36% of my daily rate !!!
            Bleedin' outrageous

Comment

Originally posted by peterc2609 View Post
              How much is normal for an agency to take a cut??

!0%, 15%, 25%... etc???

Cheers
              Who the **** cares!? You got the rate you wanted for the job, you have a job yet you seem to think the 2 birds in the bush are better.

Do you question the builder's mark up on materials when he does a job for you? Or the electrician? Or the plumber?
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

What bolshie said.

You can't just go direct, the client has a working relationship with the agency to do the dirty work on their behalf. The chance he will go direct with you are pretty slim for a start and he won't entertain you at all if he respects his agency.

Suck it up and next time try not to look in to your agencyies fees. It's almost as bad as discussing rates with your fellow contractors on site.

Even if it was 1% cut it would piss someone off.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

WTS.

You were happy enough with the rate being offered when you signed the contract, so just get on with it, you can always use this information at extension time if an extension is offered.

Personally couldn't care less what the agent was making, I'm on the rate i agreed and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by adestor View Post
                    I'm going direct through a consultancy at the moment and they're taking 36% of my daily rate !!!
                    Bleedin' outrageous
                    No they're not. The consultancies money is their own. What %age they choose to give to you is down to your negotiating skills...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X