• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it easier once your in (contracting that is)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it easier once your in (contracting that is)

As some of you may know I am now in the contracting world.

I was just wondering if it is easier to find your next contract once your already in? i.e. now I have taken the first step into the darkside, does it open up new opportunities?

Thanks

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

I was just wondering if it is easier to find your next contract once your already in? i.e. now I have taken the first step into the darkside, does it open up new opportunities?

Thanks
    Generally, yes. However right now, it's totally dire for everyone. Even worse, many firms wouldn't really want an ex-career contractor as a staff bloke. So many of us are stuffed if we get on the bench.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

How long do you think it will be before things pick up again?

Comment

This may help...

<snip>
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

This may help...

<snip>

or not if you have read it

Comment

Precisely...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

How long do you think it will be before things pick up again?
              I doubt that we will see clients starting many projects until financial confidence has improved significantly.

Obviously we're still officially in recession, I'd give it at least 12 months before we see a significant upturn in the market.

Comment

Thanks
                A qualified yes to your question. Provided you have successfully completed your contract and not made a poor name for yourself with client and \ or agent. However, I guess that applies to permie roles to.

That said, the market is not good right now so getting the next contract may not be as comfortable as the first one was. A lot depends on your skillset, geographical location prepared to work at and rate etc will all have a bearing on how quickly or not you get the next role.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                X