• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting dilema

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting dilema

Looking at a contract with a client.

Role brought to me from a small agency that I have dealt with before that I actually trust (!). They are not on the PSL of the potential client. Thefore there would have to be 2 agencies between me and the client, hence pushing down the rate even further. The end rate is still reasonable so I am considering it.

Any comments on how to handle the situation. I dont want to p155 off the friendly agent by going directly to the agency on the PSL.

Tricky one - how long is the contract for?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
      Looking at a contract with a client.

Role brought to me from a small agency that I have dealt with before that I actually trust (!). They are not on the PSL of the potential client. Thefore there would have to be 2 agencies between me and the client, hence pushing down the rate even further. The end rate is still reasonable so I am considering it.

Any comments on how to handle the situation. I dont want to p155 off the friendly agent by going directly to the agency on the PSL.
      You make a contract with the agency that brought you the role. That's all there is to it, for you. How they structure the client side of the contract is their business.
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

At the end of the day you use whatever methods to get the role. If it looks like the psl is the better route, then go for it.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          At the end of the day you use whatever methods to get the role. If it looks like the psl is the better route, then go for it.
          Agreed. Lets be fair trusting an agent should be the norm not the exception and your willing to do favours for them. The should ALL be trustworthy. Lets not lose sight of that. You owe them nothing. They should be fighting for our business not us bending over a barrel for them.

If you can get work to pay for your mortgage and feed your kids, go for it.

If this agent is as good as you think he will realised why you are doing what you are doing and won't hold it against you although I think he might show his true colours when you do.

Fingers crossed for you.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Agreed. Lets be fair trusting an agent should be the norm not the exception and your willing to do favours for them. The should ALL be trustworthy. Lets not lose sight of that. You owe them nothing. They should be fighting for our business not us bending over a barrel for them.

If you can get work to pay for your mortgage and feed your kids, go for it.

If this agent is as good as you think he will realised why you are doing what you are doing and won't hold it against you although I think he might show his true colours when you do.

Fingers crossed for you.
            WHS, at the end of the day, they know they are up against other agencies and may lose you to others. It's happened to me and the agency in question were a tad pee'd off at the time but it hasn't stopped them ringing me about roles since then.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X