• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you don't want to go for the interview..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't want to go for the interview..

I implore you, please just tell the agent! what's the worst that could happen! Don't be a wimp and pull the old 'hello, hello, if you can hear me I can't hear you' rubbish on your mobile.

I've just smashed my phone in a rage!

The guys on the bench aswell!

Grower (trying to make the world a little bit better)

Originally posted by Growernotashower View Post
    I implore you, please just tell the agent! what's the worst that could happen! Don't be a wimp and pull the old 'hello, hello, if you can hear me I can't hear you' rubbish on your mobile.

I agree. But still, it's very nice of me to sit here and think of an agent going banana's - god knows they put me through enough grief!
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Same as nomadd, it would be the decent thing to do but then I also am sitting here wistfully thinking about all the promises of call back that never materialised.. Do unto others... etc
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oops! Didn't realize it were you. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          I agree. But still, it's very nice of me to sit here and think of an agent going banana's - god knows they put me through enough grief!
          I'm glad I amused you, if it makes you laugh any more I smashed my phone so hard I spilt my coffee all over the desk

Comment

I'm glad I amused you, if it makes you laugh any more I smashed my phone so hard I spilt my coffee all over the desk
            ....and it went over your laptop before scalding your vitals?
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I have been on the receiving end of grief from interviewers because the previous interviewee never turned up. They were all grumpy and didn't settle down and that felt a bit unfair on me.

But I have heard many, many stories of people being sent to the wrong address / wrong day / wrong time / wrong client / wrong gig / wrong CV which has been the agency's fault...

Actually a thread "Things contractors do that piss us agents off" would make very interesting reading. We might even learn something and I'm sure DodgyAgent and 'Another Dodgy Agent' and 'The Agents View' will enjoy joining in. So go on, start one of those - it'll make you feel better.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                ....and it went over your laptop before scalding your vitals?
                You are a wicked wicked person!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Maybe we should do a poll on how many years it has been since one was last able to feel anything but joy at hearing of an agent having problems?
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

2 more today! one illness and then wouldn't answer his phone (fine yesterday by the way)

and one, and I quote, 'can't be bothered, I'm going to hold out for something closer to home'

These are not desktop jobs either, these are £500+

my arms gone numb, am I having a stress related heart attack!

Comment

Working...
                    X