• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finished Contract - Back to bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Contract - Back to bench

Just finished my contract (lucky to survive there for 14 months). I have decided not to apply for now as iam taking a break for 2 months just gearing for my new year adventure in job hunting.

After reading some threads looks like things will turn around in the new year.

I will be in the market in Feb 2010.

and your point is ??
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by secontrator View Post
      Just finished my contract (lucky to survive there for 14 months). I have decided not to apply for now as iam taking a break for 2 months just gearing for my new year adventure in job hunting.

As life stories go I think it needs some fleshing out.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Don't necessarily believe all you read on here ! Be careful what you wish for a 2 month break can quickly turn in to 7 months out of work, as it did for me.
        If I were you I would keep at least one eye on the job market and apply for anything if you are the perfect fit.

Comment

Even if you apply for something now they might not want you to start until Jan.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

This is how sasguru became a crack whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
              This is how sasguru became a crack whore.
              Being London dweller didn`t help either.......

Comment

Even though I am a firm believer in a Apr turn around I would listen to what Ruse says, in current climate would not sit around passing up ideal contracts. Know far to many people atm who's month/2 month breaks turned into 6-10 month breaks because of market conditions

Be 2011 until taking extended breaks is "viable"

Comment

I shall disagree with everyone.

Do that. Take a break. Have a holiday, then Xmas & New Year, then start fresh in January.

When I finished in March we went on our first decent holiday for ages. Since then we have done nothing expensive; net result would have been yet another year without a holiday.

You've earned the time off, take it. Go somewhere warm. Then come back and think about perhaps doing some training. But take your time.

Looking for a new gig now when you are tired will be unproductive.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I shall disagree with everyone.
                    Sorry, I agree.

The Christmas period is a terrible time to be looking for gigs. Save the stress and don't bother.

Comment

Working...
                    X